Hail Storm of 2012

Thursday Mar. 15

While waiting in a dental office with my mom last Thursday, I saw big size balls of ice fell down from the sky! The noise it made on the roof top of the building and on the cars outside had everyone saying: "whoa" in amazement.

Ice Balls

The hail storm continued for about 10 minutes at around 11:00 o'clock in the morning, and then disappeared as fast as it came. I have never seen this size of hail balls before, and they were quite a pretty white.

Connecting Hail Balls
I didn't notice the hail in the parking lot, but had to stop to check them out on the grass once I drove my mother back home. These hail balls were very interesting to see, as most of them seemed to connect themselves in a circle or some other forms.

Linking to White Wednesday, and Outdoor Wednesday!

Karin M. March 20, 2012 3:22 pm

Wow .... amazingly great hailstones...
the cars get large bulge.
Greeting Karin

SquirrelQueen March 20, 2012 7:38 pm

It is interesting to see how that group formed itself into a circle. Great shots Icy, those are some big hail stones.

Genie March 20, 2012 9:31 pm

These are amazing pictures of some amazing hail balls. I have never seen anything glide this in my 73 years. An awesome gift from the heavens. They appear to be the size of golf balls. I think one could get a real lump on the head if hit with one of these. Thanks for sharing these shots. genie

betchai March 20, 2012 11:21 pm

we also had hail storm this Sunday, I took some photos from home but nothing compared to yours, these are beautiful Icy.

Light and Voices March 20, 2012 11:33 pm

Holy Catfish! Hail looks like an inch in size....those are really BIG. I heard that happened in IL recently too. Glad you and your mother are ok.
Joyce M

Lindy MacDuff March 21, 2012 12:23 am

Looks like someone emptied the ice bucket from the refrigerator! ;-)

LindyLouMac in Italy March 21, 2012 8:24 am

Calling by as another Outdoor Wednesday participant, that was quite a hail storm!

Judy SheldonWalker March 25, 2012 4:58 pm

Love your hail shots. We had hail on a very sunny warm day on good Friday on the year that 3 tornadoes went through our small community.

Anne Lyken-Garner March 26, 2012 2:50 pm

Goodness! We've been having great weather for a couple of weeks, so I'm a bit concerned about what's in store for us later on. These are massive. They could've done some damage to windows :-)