No Rank Yet

Lady Bug Without Dots

Not long ago in November, I saw this lady bug without any dots or rank on its body yet, but it had the best vibrant orange color ever. I guessed the lady bug was still a baby since it was very tiny.

Lady Bug In the Rain

I caught sight of this lady bug after the rain, and as you can see in the photo, there were some water drop on its back still.

Lady Bug Looking For Home

I've read that lady bug bites, and I have also heard that it is also known as stink bug! I agree with the later statement since I had the honor of holding it once, and my son confirmed that it bit him too.

Check out Camera Critters!

Anne Lyken-Garner January 20, 2012 7:15 am

I don't think I've ever seen one without spots. This is obviously a baby like you said. Poor thing, where's mummy when strange people are taking photos of you? :-)

RNSANE January 20, 2012 9:37 am

I have never been adverse to ladybugs because I thought they were cute creatures that devoured plant beasties but I never knew they bit humans. You must have been very tasty.

betchai January 20, 2012 10:49 pm

i've never hold a lady bug so I did not know it bites, thanks for sharing the info, I should be more careful next time. beautiful pictures.

Ratty January 21, 2012 12:20 am

I've been bitten by ladybugs a couple of times now. They are very pretty, and yours has a unique beauty all its own without the spots. People have told me that the ones that bite are from a different region of the world than the originals from around here.

Porch Days January 21, 2012 10:45 am

What stunning shots! That tiny ladybug is beautiful.

CameraCruise January 21, 2012 11:43 am

Great shots of the beautiful Lady Bug!
I didn't know they could bite.
I always place them on my roses.
Don't think I'll do that again.
Have a great weekend.

LeAnn ~ My Day In The Making January 21, 2012 12:05 pm

Wow! Awesome shot! I was just playing around yesterday and made a ladybug in Photoshop so this picture in particular caught my eye. Loved it!

eileeninmd January 21, 2012 1:51 pm

Great shots, I've never seen a lady bug without the spots. Cool!

Diane AZ January 22, 2012 8:41 am

Cute lady bug pictures! I never saw one without spots and I didn't know they could bite or stink. Thank for the warning. :)

bailey-road.com January 22, 2012 11:49 am

Nice captures of this tiny critter!

SquirrelQueen January 23, 2012 3:56 am

What a sweet looking lady bug. There are many different varieties of ladybugs including some that don't have spots. I have picked them up many times including rescuing one from a water dish but I've never been bitten. I like them because they eat the aphids off my roses.

Self Sagacity January 23, 2012 1:14 pm

she probably got the spots shaved off. Like my freckles.

Poetic Shutterbug January 23, 2012 4:44 pm

I've held them in the past but didn't realize they bite. This little one is so cute and detailed, what great shots you got, Icy. I guess being a baby she hasn't developed her spots yet :)

Judy SheldonWalker January 28, 2012 11:13 pm

I handled lady bugs a lot as a child and have been told that we had a serious loss of lady bugs and had had to import some as they assist in keeping aphids away. The ones we imported do bite!