Action Shots

Going After the Ball

One of my goals this year is to try learning to take action photos, such as at my son's soccer games. My camera is just a point and shoot one, but it does have some options such as sport mode, ISO settings, and some scenery choices.

All Running

Well, some time the game got too excited, but my camera couldn't handle the quick action, and then there was the problem with battery dying if I kept the camera opened. I haven't learned anything concrete on action shooting yet.

Fighting For the Ball

I know many of you have DLSR camera, and fantastic lens, which give you more room to play with shooting action, but any tips on general lighting, ISO, aperture, or shutter speed I would love to learn from you.

Linking up at 52 Weeks of Happiness, This Or That Thursday, Show Off Your Shot!

Secret Mom Thoughts September 29, 2011 7:53 am

Fun action shots.

Stacia September 29, 2011 7:53 am

Looks like fun. I love the bright blue of their uniforms!

deb duty September 29, 2011 9:25 am

Glad you like the meme! For not knowing anything about action shots, you got some incredible shots at the soccer game!

em September 29, 2011 10:13 am

Looks like you did pretty good. I have a point and shoot too with some adjustable settings, the quicker the shutter speed the sharper the shot, but the ISO does play a part in that as well, you just have to play with the settings and get use to them. I use to also 'shoot' my son with a shutter speed in the 1/1000something, but since I've been working with manual mode and adjusting the ISO and aperture, too, you can find a perfect 'fit' for what you are trying to shot, whether it's a fast moving kid, or a flower. Good luck!

Anne Lyken-Garner September 30, 2011 9:22 am

Sorry, I have no tips. I'm trying improve my picture taking skills, so far, I haven't done anything much :-)

Blogger Broadcast October 01, 2011 12:50 pm

He is wearing blue now? Looks like a lot of fun for him.

♥~Judy~♥ November 21, 2011 6:09 pm

I am not much good at that either with my point n shoot. I tried the action feature and it seemed to make it more blurry.