No Man V. Food TV Show For Us

There is one show on television that I refused to watch, and yes I know you don't care, but I thought it is worth mentioning. Man V. Food Nation with Adam Richman! I won't even allow it to air in my house, and the kids have to change it as soon as it is on.

I am that extreme because it sends out wrong messages about food, health, and attitude. I have nothing against Adam Richman personally, and he seems like a decent guy. However, stuffing foods down your throat when you are overweight is wrong and unhealthy.

Image Credit
America is known to be on the obese side, which includes many children and adults! When we have show like this, we are saying it is alright and fun, and entertaining. So go ahead, just eat, and then one day you will be famous like Adam Richman.

Different folks, different strokes! This Man V. Food Nation tv show is definitely a wrong stroke for me. I just don't want to watch him have a heart attack, and I don't want my kids to think it is ok to do that to their body.

betchai August 04, 2011 4:33 pm

i have not seen it at all Icy, maybe because I seldom turn TV on and browse channels, I mostly watch news and/or national geographic, discovery or travel channel. that's why sometimes, when some people talk about tv shows, i feel like i am out of this world :(

i believe in you, it should not be condoned as fun, and a bad example at that. eating should be a form of nourishment to support or daily activities, but not to abuse it.

Ruthi August 04, 2011 10:19 pm

i agree with you. another tv show that i don't like to watch in that respect is... bizarre food.

Joyful August 05, 2011 1:01 am

Oh I haven't heard of that show but it doesn't sound appealing in any way.

RNSANE August 06, 2011 12:34 am

There are so many outrageous shows on tv that I don't watch. I haven't seen this one but, from your description, I wouldn't.

Anne Lyken-Garner August 06, 2011 4:58 am

Have heard of it because we get a lot of US TV here. I would never consider watching it. Kids are dying of hunger because their parents are paid pittance for their farmed goods, just so we in the West could buy cheap food and waste it on obese people.

Westerners are fat because they eat too much food. We can buy it cheaply, so we consume much more than we need. It's that simple.

I'm totally against that.

Self Sagacity August 09, 2011 1:33 am

what is this show? I don't get to watch much tv anyways, so no worries here.