Last Minute Practices

We were back on the field for the last two practices/scrimmages this week. Our tournament is going to kick off on Friday night, and I would have to be in and out of the house for the entire weekend. Luckily, the tournament is locally so I don't have to travel.

I didn't kid you when I said in Training for The Waterfront Soccer Tournament, that the girls were much bigger than the boys. You can see JoJo and the girl he had to trail after in the lower left corner photo. The difference is quite amazing! Milk, JoJo, you have to drink more milk...

betchai August 17, 2011 5:57 pm

hehehe, LOL here Icy, that girl is indeed HUGE! Milk, Jojo, Milk, I echo you :)

rainfield61 August 17, 2011 7:19 pm

Hopefully that girl has never read this post.

She will then drink less milk.

sarah August 18, 2011 3:32 am

You are soccer mom? Enjoy and Good luck on the game!
Girls are bigger and may more patient like" Nadesiko Japan".
Have a wonderful weekend.

Anne Lyken-Garner August 18, 2011 4:11 am

I thought she was a girl! I looked at the pic and decided it was probably just a boy with a fat chest (because she was so much bigger than JoJo).

Don't worry, size is not everything.

Self Sagacity August 18, 2011 4:29 pm

that is strange, well not really, don't girls stop growing after their periods? Or something like that.

SquirrelQueen August 20, 2011 4:17 am

It does seem like there is a time that girls are bigger but then the boys get a growth spurt and catch up.

RNSANE August 29, 2011 3:37 pm

I was a terrible single mom. I didn't have my sons in sports. With my being on call and having to respond immediately to the hospital for rape cases, it was just too difficult. But, in high school, both the younger boys, Alex and Jeremy rebelled and played football. I said, if their straight A's changed, they were off the team. Well, their good grades continued. I did go to their games, always nervous...since I was beyond the 30minute response time. Usually, if I was lucky, I switched my called with someone for a few hours. They loved football and they were great players. Alex played both offense and defense which I didn't like. I felt it was too much but, if I complained, he just gave me a look that squelched all protests.